Lancashire’s Labour County Councillors want to know about your flooding issues.
Please fill in (and share) the survey below so we can take up your concerns.
Find out if you’re at risk
Enter your postcode to find out if you’re in an area at risk from flooding
Sign up for flood warnings
In many flood risk areas, you can sign up for flood warnings. These warn of the risk of flooding from rivers, the sea and groundwater. You’ll be alerted by phone, email or text when flooding is expected. Flood warnings and alerts are not available in all areas.
Know what to do
The best way to protect yourself from flooding is to know what to do in advance.
The government issue 3 levels of flood warning:
Flood alert – Prepare
- prepare a bag that includes medicines and insurance documents
- check flood warnings
Flood warning – Act
- turn off gas, water and electricity
- move things upstairs or to safety
- move family, pets and car to safety
Severe flood warning – Survive
- call 999 if in immediate danger
- follow advice from emergency services
- keep yourself and your family safe